Through communication we open to ourselves and others.

Through writing I find something that perhaps I would not have found if I had merely thought about it.


~ Sivitri

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm the flower thief


It's true. In the spring I can't resist taking, picking, stealing flowers from fields and peoples yards. Why? Because they're so beautiful. There is nothing more beautiful than a flower. The way they smell, the way they look. They are such a miracle. Each one is a work of art. How do those flimsy little delicate petals hold up in the heat?

I came home from my walk today with a beautiful palette of red, pink and purple. Roses, lavender, red clover and apple blossoms.

It's such a  beautiful time of year. The fields awash with bright colors. Colors no human can duplicate. 

As I arrived home I saw that my landlord had run over the newly unfurled pink poppy in the yard. I rushed over to it and retrieved whatever petals I could salvage and promptly placed them in a glass tea pot with water. Preserving whatever beauty was left.

Life is so delicate.

No comments: