During the nerve wracking moments of waiting for results (which turned out ok), I stepped into a birds eye view of myself, who I am and what I want to share.
The truth is I hide most of the time. I have hidden a lot because of other women's jealousy and negativity towards me which has greatly hurt my heart. I've also hidden away because I have been a perfectionist and hard on myself and so haven't shared my brilliance a lot of the time. Ultimately, of course this is an expression of fear...fear of being hurt because of others' perception of me and it hasn't been serving anyone. In fact it's been damaging to my health and the people that do need to receive my message and expression have been deprived of it.
The truth is I am brilliant and beautiful and so are you, so there is no need for jealousy. The truth is it's a choice to shine in every moment no matter what is going on. There have been a few people in my life who have been absolutely amazing teachers in this department; forging ahead and exuding light under the most dire circumstances and I thought of them during this week.
I won't write too much more, only that on this day of Venus I have decided to give up my addiction to perfectionism. To kickstart a healthy new habit of 'done is better than perfect', I am sharing something that I think is less than perfect. It is a video that I filmed well over a year ago. I didn't share it because it fell short of my ideal vision. You will probably notice by the expression on my face that I don't look particularly happy. Some of that was due to heartache that day over a silly boy and some of it was because it was freezing cold in the forest and I then had an allergy attack in the field of grass (you can actually see the pollen floating around in the air)!!! smile emoticon
Ultimately I made the video as an expression of my love of nature, layers and dance, which is what my art work is all about. Whether you 'like' it or not is not my concern, although I hope that there is something inspiring in there for you. It is never-the-less the beginning of more of what I will share - more art, more writing and more of me.
See the video HERE.
May love, joy and confidence line your path.
![]() |
| Sivitri Multimedia Performance. |
Words by Kahlil Gibran

No comments:
Post a Comment