I dreamed last night that I was dancing in the air. It's a recurring dream that I've had for years and takes place in different places every time. I've been in nature and dance studios and lifted myself up into the top of cathedral spires. It's very real and feels amazing. I hadn't had one in a while and was feeling a bit disappointed about it. The first part of the dream though, I was standing back stage in a theater waiting to go on to dance as I have many times in real life and in dreams and I realized I hadn't been on stage in so long. I couldn't find the right shoes and I asked one of the other dancers where I could find them as I hadn't been there for 4 years. She said that it had been more like 8 years. I felt disappointed and out of place and panicky because I didn't have the right shoes and I didn't even know where to start looking. The theater was so big and the dressing room so far away from the stage.
This week it seems has felt like that. I've been under the weight of a lot of difficult decision making and anxiety. I've been working really hard but not on the right things and doubting my direction.
Lifting myself into the air and doing my own dance feels better to me than fitting into someone else's show. Some of the things I had been committed to over the last few months, things that I thought would elevate me, I quit this week and even though there was opposition, I stood firm. But then later I doubted it all again. Some things have seemed like they have been unclear and falling apart and I've felt I've been digressing in some ways. I've felt sad...fearful even.
I woke up this morning and read the article below by Matt Licata and it helped ease this discomfort.
Even though things seem unclear I will stand in a place of compassion and love with myself and trust.
This week it seems has felt like that. I've been under the weight of a lot of difficult decision making and anxiety. I've been working really hard but not on the right things and doubting my direction.
Lifting myself into the air and doing my own dance feels better to me than fitting into someone else's show. Some of the things I had been committed to over the last few months, things that I thought would elevate me, I quit this week and even though there was opposition, I stood firm. But then later I doubted it all again. Some things have seemed like they have been unclear and falling apart and I've felt I've been digressing in some ways. I've felt sad...fearful even.
I woke up this morning and read the article below by Matt Licata and it helped ease this discomfort.
Even though things seem unclear I will stand in a place of compassion and love with myself and trust.

No comments:
Post a Comment